Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nate Dogg Dead At 41

Nate Dogg, the hip-hop artist best known for his collaborations with Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Warren G. and Dr. Dre, has died. News broke this morning that the artist, whose real name is Nathaniel Hale, passed away last last night after suffering from a variety of health problems since 2007 and 2008.
Dogg was born and raised in Long Beach, California where he died. While the official cause of death has not yet been released, Hale suffered a massive stroke in 2007 which left his left side paralyzed. This was followed by another stroke in 2008 for which he was undergoing therapy for the past several years.

Reacting to this great loss in the hip-hop community, Snoop, Ludacris, 50 Cent, and Xzibit took to their Twitter accounts to share their grief:

Snoop: I miss you cuzz I am so sad but so happy I got to grow up wit u and I will c u again n heaven cuz u know d slogan.

50: I just landed nate dog is dead damn. GOD BLESS HIM R.I.P he meant a lot to west coast hiphop. lv always been a fan of it. 50cent

Ludacris: There is a certain void in hip hop’s heart that can never be filled. Glad we got to make history together.

Xzibit: We lost a soldier, a father, a legend, a homie. My condolences go out to Ms. Ruth and the entire family. Celebrate

In the news in 2002 and 2008 for drugs, weapons, and criminal mischief charges, Hale has been mostly out of the spotlight since his medical ailments began, working behind the scenes with current rap and hip hop artists. Before his rise to fame, Hale began his music career singing in a gospel choir. He also spent three years serving in the United States Marine Corp.

As soon as I heard about this news, I started digging through my music collection. This song brings some memories back of my middle-school years, and despite what the nature of the song suggests, I was already a delinquent. But thats here nor there.

R.I.P. NATE DOGG

No comments:

Post a Comment